The minute after the question is popped, the ‘YES’ is on your finger, and the Instagram story is made, calls start going out to the girl gang to ask the second most important question – “Will you be my bridesmaid?”
Most answers are shrieks of joy. Your friends love you and they have been eagerly waiting for this day – they want to be there for you every step of the way!
However, being on bridesmaid duty is not an easy task. No matter how chill a bride you think you are going to be, here’s what you are going to put your bridesmaids through:
- There’s going to be months of decision- making during which you will change your mind a thousand times, will need reassurance from them several times over, and will assume they are always free to cater to your bridal needs.
- One day you might be excited and the next you may feel jittery – you will expect your best girls to be there when you can’t keep calm because you are getting married as well as when you need them to calm your nerves.
- Your wedding outfits are important and you are going to need your bridesmaids’ honest opinion before you pick anything up. This means many, many shopping trips (as per your convenience) until you find what you are looking for.
- During the wedding functions, they are going to make sure you don’t trip and break your nose, your outfit/make-up doesn’t get spoilt AND you have the time of your life – all of this, all at once
- For some time, they are going to have to put their own life in the backseat, and give your big day all their love and attention.
Long story short – you cannot go through your wedding without your bridesmaids by your side. So, we suggest, you ask nicely.
One nice gesture would be to sweep your girlies off their feet with some stunning juttis from Coral Haze. You will be taking away the stress of ‘I don’t have comfortable matching footwear!’ as well as making sure they are happy with their presents. From unique bold prints to delicate beadwork on pastels, there is a jutti for every one’s personal style.
So before you get your girls started on their duties, don’t forget to get them gifts they will love as a BIG thank you for all the joy they bring to your life, and for all the tantrums you are about to throw at them.